7 Democrats Who Just Don’t Get The Constitution
In honor of Constitution Day, we wanted to show you 7 times Democrats ignored, disregarded, or disrespected America’s founding document!
1) The Missouri Democrat running for Congress in Illinois!
Ann Callis must have missed this part of the Constitution:
“No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.”
2) When the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a law that this MA Democrat defended
The Supreme Court overturned a Massachusetts buffer zone law that Attorney General Martha Coakley’s office was defending. The Court found that the law, which requires protesters to stand more than 35 feet from abortion clinics, unconstitutionally limits certain types of speech. Someone needs to have a better look at the First Amendment.
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”
3) The Minnesota Democrat who is violating the Constitutional Amendments he proposed
In 1995, Rep. Collin Peterson voted for several Constitutional Amendments that would have imposed term limits, one of which would have limited Representatives to six years in office. Peterson is now 17 years over that limit. Although the vote failed, he was “firm” in his convictions, saying:
“The term limit issue will be back before Congress in the future, and I will continue to support it.”
4) Peterson ALSO tried to have his district secede from the United States to Canada!
In 1998, Collin Peterson introduced a Constitutional Amendment to allow a part of his Minnesota district to secede from the United States to Canada.
5) That time this Democrat said the Constitution was 400 years old.
Sheila Jackson Lee said the Constitution is 400 years old. It’s currently 227 years old.
6) Remember when President Obama said the Constitution is “deeply flawed”…
7) And that time MN Rep. Rick Nolan agreed?