A Look at 2020 Contender Eric Holder’s Nightmare Justice Department
Former Attorney General Eric Holder signaled a potential run at the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination this week, according to The Washington Examiner. As he weighs his options, America Rising PAC wanted to remind voters of his failed tenure at the Department of Justice under the Obama Administration:
- Holder led the failed attempts to shut down the Guantanamo Bay Detention Facility.
- Holder’s DOJ blocked a South Carolina voter ID law requiring voters to present photo ID.
- Holder admitted the failure of the “Fast and Furious” program that led to the mismanagement of more than 2,000 weapons that has been found at hundreds of crime scenes.
- Holder argued against the individual right to keep and bear arms.
- Holder was widely criticized for his mishandling of the Christmas Day Terror Attack including his decision to mirandize the bomber.
- Holder refused to appoint a special counsel on national security leaks, instead “putting two U.S. attorneys in charge of the investigation.”