Attending Another Convention, Will Alison Lundergan Grimes Finally Say She Supports A Convention Nominee?
The last time failed Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes attended a Democratic convention she refused to admit she voted for the candidate being nominated president, famously launching her “sanctity of the ballot box” defense. She repeated that non-answer during her debate with Senator Mitch McConnell. The Kentucky Democrat’s non-answer was so ridiculous that even her supporters were laughing at her.
Chuck Todd said Grimes’ refusal to say she voted for Obama “disqualified” her from the Senate. Kentucky voters agreed giving Senator McConnell a landslide victory. Yet, that was not Grimes’ only embarrassing moment during her poorly run Senate campaign. See below for more of Grimes’ worst moments on the campaign trail:
- Politico reported on possibly illegal contributions from her father to her Senate campaign. A federal grand jury has subsequently subpoenaed Grimes’ campaign records.
- Grimes made raising the minimum wage a center piece of her campaign. Yet, a CNN investigation showed that her family paid some restaurant workers as low as $2.13 an hour.
- Grimes held a DC fundraiser with Harry “coal makes you sick” Reid. Before the fundraiser, Grimes said she would confront Reid. She was then exposed as a liar, after it came out that she did not confront Reid on his anti-coal beliefs.
- Grimes said that Kentucky need Obamacare because of donut burgers.
- Grimes could not name a single policy position she disagreed with President Obama on.