Dirty Harry Asked About Female Senate Candidate, Goes Right To Looks
Senator Harry Reid is going out with a bang. The Nevada Senator has had a long career of making sexist, racist, and just plain insulting remarks, and today proved that he’s going to continue embarrassing himself right up until he leaves the Senate.
In an interview with Politico, Reid was asked about Nevada Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto, and immediately turned to Cortez Masto’s physical appearance:
Q: What kind of senator would you expect Catherine Cortez Masto to be? A: “She reminds me a lot of Dianne Feinstein. I say that because she’s striking in appearance. She has a lot of dignity and she reminds me a lot of Dianne. I think she’ll be an outstanding senator. She won’t be like me. She’ll be a little more measured, a little – she’ll be her.”
How disgusting that he’d demean and objectify Cortez Masto in that way. Reid owes Cortez Masto an immediate and sincere apology. Cortez Masto shouldn’t hold her breath though. See below for why this is just the latest in a long line of offensive comments from Reid:
- Reid said that President Obama electoral appeal because he was “light-skinned” and did not have a “Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one”
- Speaking to the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce, Reid said that ‘one problem that I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight.’”
- Reid said that his Senate staff was “far too fat.”
- Reid introduced a member of his staff to reporter by calling him “the biggest pest in Washington.”
- Reid called Justice Clarence Thomas “an embarrassment to the Supreme Court”
- Reid called Republicans “cowards.”
- Reid said that he did not know how a Hispanic could be a Republican.
- Reid called Delaware Senator Chris Coons “my pet.”
- Reid said that John Kerry had “no friends.”
- During his 2008 convention speech, Reid called Senator John McCain “old” and a “snake oil” salesman.
- Reid said that CNN reporter Dana Bash was “irresponsible and reckless.”
- Reid told the Las Vegas Review Journal that he hoped they went out of business.
- Reid called General Peter Pace, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “incompetent.”
- Reid called President George W. Bush’s dog “fat.”