Dirty Harry To Campaign For Cortez Masto Today
Last week, Harry Reid was asked a question about what type of Senator Catherine Cortez Masto would be, and immediately made the response about Cortez Masto’s appearance. Yet in the wake of those reprehensible comments, Reid will campaign for Cortez Masto today.
Reid campaigning for Cortez Masto is very likely to backfire on the Democrat though. Reid’s staggeringly high unfavorable numbers are more likely to harm Cortez Masto than help the Nevada Democrat. In a poll from late 2014, Reid’s unfavorable numbers were double those of his favorables, 41% to 20%. There’s a reason Reid chose to retire this year.
In addition to Reid’s very high unfavorable numbers, by having Reid campaign for her, she will also be held accountable for the awful things Reid has said in the past. If Cortez Masto will accept whatever positive comes from having Reid campaign for her, when will she comment on his history of sexist and racist comments seen below:
- Reid said that President Obama electoral appeal because he was “light-skinned” and did not have a “Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one”
- Speaking to the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce, Reid said that ‘one problem that I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight.’”
- Reid said that his Senate staff was “far too fat.”
- Reid introduced a member of his staff to reporter by calling him “the biggest pest in Washington.”
- Reid called Justice Clarence Thomas “an embarrassment to the Supreme Court”
- Reid called Republicans “cowards.”
- Reid said that he did not know how a Hispanic could be a Republican.
- Reid called Delaware Senator Chris Coons “my pet.”
- Reid said that John Kerry had “no friends.”
- During his 2008 convention speech, Reid called Senator John McCain “old” and a “snake oil” salesman.
- Reid said that CNN reporter Dana Bash was “irresponsible and reckless.”
- Reid told the Las Vegas Review Journal that he hoped they went out of business.
- Reid called General Peter Pace, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “incompetent.”
- Reid called President George W. Bush’s dog “fat.”