FLASHBACK: Democrats Full Of Praise For FBI Director James Comey
The FBI’s decision to re-open the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server has led the Clinton campaign to begin to attack the character of Director James Comey. Yet in the summer many Democrats were effusive in their praise of Director Comey. The contradiction shows that the current criticism of Director Comey is hollow. See below for many leading Democrats past praise of Comey:
- Hillary Clinton said that she was “am grateful for the professionalism of the FBI and the Department of Justice.”
- Hillary For America released a video defending Director Comey.
- President Obama said that “Director Comey could not have been more exhaustive.”
- Congressman Elijah Cummings said that Director Comey was the “epitome of what a public servant is all about.”
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called Director Comey a “a great man.”
Democrats should be ashamed of themselves for heaping praise on Comey at one moment, and then bashing him at the next one. Director Comey is not the issue here. The issue is Hillary Clinton’s reckless conduct.