Not A Good Week To Be A Democrat Running For Governor
Democrats running for Governor across the country have faced a flurry of bad press this past week. Take a look at the 3 who have had the worst week:
John Hickenlooper (D-CO)
- Hickenlooper’s staffing overhaul has cost Colorado $21 million when it was supposed to be cost-neutral. Some suspect that Hickenlooper favored donors because several hires were financial supporters of Hickenlooper’s campaign.
- Hickenlooper’s administration is lacking transparency. The Denver Post filed a records request of the governor’s appointees, but the newspaper was stonewalled.
Howie Morales (D-NM)
- Morales had a campaign event with Scott Chandler, the owner of a “beleaguered” ranch for troubled teenagers.
- Chandler’s ranch has faced multiple allegations of abuse. After a boy died on Chandler’s ranch, a lawsuit against Chandler named him as the individual “responsible for the abuse and torture.”
Pat Quinn (D-IL)
- Political supporters of Quinn have hired his running-mate, Peter Vallas, “to a six-figure job as a municipal finance consultant.”