Sheila Jackson Lee: A Congressional Reign Of Error
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) has had an interesting time in Congress. From being repeatedly named the meanest member to believing the Constitution was 400 years old, Jackson Lee has provided tons of fodder for the political media. See below for some of Jackson Lee’s most memorable moments:
- On the House floor, Jackson Lee claimed the Constitution was 400 years old.
- A former staffer sued Jackson Lee for discrimination. The lawsuit quotes the congresswoman as saying ““I don’t care anything about your disability.”
- Jackson Lee believes there is still a North and South Vietnam.
- Jackson Lee is a fan of the “do you know who I am” defense, and has been quoted using it multiple times.
- Jackson Lee believes humans have been to Mars.