The Five Most Out-Of-Touch Clinton Emails From The Latest Batch
As the State Department released another 1,000 pages of emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server, bringing the total number of emails containing classified material up to 1,730, what was particularly stunning about this batch were the emails exposing the disconnect between Clinton’s privileged, image-controlled lifestyle and that of ordinary Americans.
Here are the top emails from this batch that expose Hillary “Dead Broke” Clinton’s lifestyle of the rich and famous:
1. Clinton emails Huma Abedin that she “will need to know soon about going to the Vineyard” – meaning Martha’s Vineyard, the summer haven of the ultra-rich where she and former President Bill Clinton have been vacationing for years.
2. Clinton complains to Huma Abedin about flying to a meeting in Paris, and asks if her private plane could “land and takeoff from” the wealthy enclave of West Hampton, New York.
3. Clinton asks a State Department staffer to “pls print” an article from website celebritynetworth.com – which features listings on Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton – titled “The 25 Richest People Who Ever Lived – Inflation Adjusted.”
And here are two emails that prove how carefully Clinton managed her image, excoriating her staff to ensure she got favorable press coverage.
1. Clinton sternly emails her senior staff, including Abedin, Cheryl Mills and Jake Sullivan, asking them to get favorable Haiti talking points to retired Army General Richard Honoré, and telling them to “monitor media and rebut inaccuracies and outright misstatements.”
2. Cheryl Mills emails Clinton a favorable New York Times story about Bill Clinton’s “charitable legacy” in Africa.