Real-Time Revelations from 2/28 Clinton Library Document Release
Welcome to our running live post on the Clinton Library document release. This will serve as a real-time source for the most interesting, humorous, and damaging revelations from the documents, keep checking back and refreshing for the latest.
1. The Clinton White House was transparent about their interest in using veterans as political pawns to pass health care reform.
2. Hillary was warned about the political fallout from including Social Security and Medicare taxes she supported in Hillarycare.
3. Hillarycare CBO estimates were “petrifying” to Congress
4. Hehe, “Hillary could speak to young women through Internet.” Are those the tubes?
5. Just like with Obamacare, Hillary tried to “cut final deals” with key interest groups to get health care passed.
6. Our favorite “tip” for Hillary. “Be careful to be real.” Not a great sign of authenticity when someone needs to be reminded to be real.
7. The First Lady and Senate Majority Leader’s offices thought HillaryCare might benefit from starting a “Health Care University” for members of Congress.
8. Pete Stark, most disliked member of Congress. Ouch.
9 White House thought Bill Clinton had as much credibility on race as Colin Powell
10. Adviser Ira Magaziner on HillaryCare. “This is a tax…a hefty tax”
11. Nice catch by RNC Research... Advisor notes that in Hillarycare they were overpromising regarding people having the ability keeping the doctor and plan of their choice when “we know well we won’t deliver.” Both Hillary and President Obama might’ve been served well by taking this advice. Instead President Obama has been saddled with the “Lie of the Year.”
12. “We will seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction program.”
13. Long-time advisor Paul Begala notes that Bill Clinton doesn’t know “dick” about tech issues.
14. A memo to top Clinton advisor Harold Ickes suggested classic Clinton threats. They proposed telling members of Congress they wouldn’t be helped electorally if they didn’t get on board with Hillarycare.
15. White House strategists acknowledged that Hillarycare would not bring about a decrease in premiums for people or businesses.
16. Rahm Emanuel’s message for the NRA and Charlton Heston: “Shove it up your ass”
That’s it for now. We’ll have a new post next Friday when another batch is released.