Gillibrand’s Immigration Flip Flops Take A Hard Left Turn
Last night, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand became the first sitting Democratic senator to support abolishing ICE in a CNN interview, yet another example of her shifting positions on immigration policy since she was a member of the House representing upstate New York.This liberal rallying cry signals a new, though not unexpected, shift for Gillibrand as she attempts to distinguish herself in a crowded 2020 Democratic hopeful field.
Gillibrand Supported Strict Immigration Laws As A Member Of The House.
- In November 2007, Gillibrand Co-Sponsored The SAVE Act, Which Aimed To Accelerate Deportations
- In 2009, Gillibrand’s Website Stated: “Congresswoman Gillibrand Has Been A Firm Opponent Of Any Proposal That Would Give Amnesty To Illegal Aliens”
- In Early 2009, Gillibrand Called Amnesty “Fatally Flawed” And Said A Guest Worker Program “All But Guaranteed Illegal Immigration”
- In 2007, Gillibrand Co-Sponsored A Resolution Expressing Opposition To States Issuing Driver’s Licenses To Illegal Aliens
- Two Days Prior To Gillibrand Being Sworn Into The Senate, El Diario Published An Article Headlined “Anti Inmigrante” Highlighting Gillibrand’s Opposition To Amnesty For Undocumented Immigrants.
El Diario Headline: “Anti Inmigrante”