Many Democrats Still Keeping Weinstein’s Money
The growing fury over Harvey Weinstein’s despicable behavior has led a few of the many Democrats he’s donated to to give that money to charity. Yet, Weinstein has been a major Democratic donor since the 1990s, with at least $769,532 in campaign contributions to Democrats. Given Weinstein’s long history backing Democrats, there are many prominent Democrats and campaign committees whose silence today on Weinstein’s behavior and the money he’s given them is deafening. See below for some of the leading Democrats who have received big money from Weinstein and have kept it:
- Weinstein has given at least $246,290 to the DNC since 1994
- Weinstein has donated at least $23,200 to the DCCC since 1993
- During her 2016 presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton received at least $5,400 from Weinstein
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has been the recipient of at least $16,200 in campaign donations from Weinstein dating back to 1997
- Senator Al Franken and his PAC have gotten campaign cash from Weinstein totaling at least $19,800 since 2006
There is no excuse for these Democrats to hold onto Weinstein’s campaign contributions for a minute longer. That it has taken them this long to say anything, is by itself a disgrace.