Meet Beto O’Rourke: A Liberal, Clinton-Loving Congressman
Today Congressman Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) announced he was going to run for the United States Senate in 2018. For most Texans, their initial response to O’Rourke’s announcement will be: who’s that. Now that Congressman O’Rourke is moving from a single district to running statewide, his record will be under scrutiny the likes of which he’s never had to deal with before.
In that spirit, America Rising thought it would be useful to provide some initial background material on Congressman O’Rourke. The information below clearly shows that the congressman is completely out of touch with Texas voters:
- O’Rourke was a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton, saying she “represents the best opportunity for experienced leadership in the world’s most important job.”
- O’Rourke is such a big supporter of gun control that he joined the House floor sit-in last year.
- As a city councilman, O’Rourke came out in favor of marijuana legalization.
- In 2014, O’Rourke voted to uphold President Obama’s immigration executive actions.
- O’Rourke also was a supporter of President Obama’s onerous EPA power plant regulations.
- O’Rourke is an opponent of a 20-week abortion ban.
As O’Rourke embarks on a Senate campaign today America Rising would like to offer him congratulations. With positions this liberal, today will surely be the high point of his Senate campaign.