Meet Bill Nelson: “Rusty” On The Trail & “Choking” In His Re-Election Bid
“Senator Bill Nelson has spent 46 years running for public office. Yet, his long run appears to be coming to a lackluster close as Democrats in Florida and D.C. “fret Nelson is choking” and that he’s “rusty” on the campaign trail. The past month has been dominated by his contradictory statements over whether or not Russia is currently penetrating the Florida election system. Ethics complaints have been filed and both DHS and the FBI have rebutted his remarks. The contradictions are weighing heavily on his campaign and heading into the homestretch of the midterms, the confusion is not becoming any clearer.” – Sarah Dolan, Communications Director, America Rising PAC
Top 5 Things To Know About Senator Bill Nelson
- Running for public office for 46 years, starting in 1972.
- Voted against the 2017 tax reform legislation.
- Taken an estimated $4.4 million in taxpayer-funded government salary over the course of his political career.
- Voted with President Obama, on average, 98 percent of the time.
- Voted in favor of higher taxes and fees at least 375 times.